The ACT government has announced a sustainable housing scheme, and we are pleased to announce that we have been selected as a preferred partner.
As the effects of climate change become more apparent, the ACT government developed a plan with the community to take meaningful action in this way, not only to limit their contribution to global warming but also to improve their quality of life.
The plan reflects our joint efforts to be part of a clean energy transition, allowing Australians to save on their energy bills and helping our partners grow their businesses so we can stay together and accelerate the growth of sustainable housing.
What is the Sustainable Household Scheme?
The ACT Government’s Sustainable Home Scheme will provide interest-free loans worth between $ 2,000 and $ 15,000 to eligible ACT families.
The goal is to help cover the advanced costs of investing in energy-efficient home improvements.
Finally, it is hoped that the plan will contribute to the ACT goal of pure zero emissions by 2045.
The goal of the Scheme is to promote sustainable measures at the community level.
The Scheme has already received initial applications from 5,000 households and 44 installers and suppliers.
A SHS plan has been launched for the financial year 2021/22. The loan will be repaid for a period of 10 years, and the Scheme will be available to new applicants for five years.
Various products are included in this Scheme. We’ve listed the following solar-specific things you might be concerned about:
Solar panel for roof
Battery storage systems for homes
Heating and cooling systems
Hot water heat pump
ACT provides 0% interest loans between $ 2,000 and $ 15,000 to eligible families to cover the advance costs of investing in energy-efficient home upgrades.
How does it help?
The goal is to promote sustainable solutions at the community level:
- Help reduce energy consumption and costs
- Help families live more comfortably
- Contribute to reducing greenhouse gas emissions;
- Development of the renewable energy industry in law.
For ACT Homeowners
If you are an ACT homeowner and would like to use the plan for your next energy-efficient home upgrade, you can apply directly through your vendor-approved plan.
Eligibility for the ACT Sustainable Household Scheme:
A participant in the Scheme is defined as either:
A household under Category A and B purchases
Holder of an ACT Driver Licence for Category C purchases
A core requirement of the Scheme is the financial ability to repay the Government interest-free loan.
Hence, a credit check is performed to assess this.
The financial limits of the loan are:
The minimum amount for a participant is $ 2,000. Can borrow
Borrowed money can be spread across multiple eligible products, meaning there is no need to make a single transaction.
A participant can borrow a maximum of $ 15,000 for eligible product categories A, B and C.
This is a cumulative maximum.
Here is a brief description of category A, B and C products:
Category A: Refers to power generation, storage and EV charging products. Domestic rooftop solar PV system, battery system and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Category B: Refers to the replacement of gas or inefficient electrical equipment.
Category C: This is for electric vehicles.
The Scheme will be launched in 3 phases:
Step 1: This is for families purchasing from Class A and B.
Step 2: Extensions for families purchasing from Category C.
Step 3: Expand to include non-profit community organizations.
Click Here For A More Detailed Explanation Of The Scheme
If you are an ACT resident and are considering taking advantage of this plan but are not sure of your installer options, submit your details below.
We offer transparent apples-to-apples compared to pre-verified installers in your area and have been since 8 years.
Highlights of the Sustainable Household Scheme
- Interest-free loans of up to $ 15,000 will be provided to eligible families through the Scheme by the ACT government in Canberra.
- The Scheme will finance a number of solar products, including solar panels, home battery storage units and energy-efficient appliances for daily use.
- Free registration of vehicles for two years (May 2021 to June 2024) for zero-emission vehicles.
- Raising Energy Efficiency Improvement Fund through ACT Government for Community Clubs Achieving Energy Efficiency Improvements.
- The Building Energy Efficiency Upgrade Fund includes partial grants that include water and ventilation audits, some energy and water efficiency improvements.
- No interest loan for some upgrades like Rooftop Solar etc.
- The ACT government has made it mandatory for electricity retailers to pay reference bills to consumers.
- In addition, customers should be informed about existing plans that may reduce bills.
Sustainable Household Scheme with Ayka Solar.
Ayka Solar is dedicated to providing high-quality solar installations in Canberra.
We are committed to providing prompt and efficient service to the local Canberra community.
Our experts are professionals and have in-house experienced CEC accredited designers as well as installers.
As a CEC approved solar retailer, Ayka Solar meets the highest standards in the industry.
With a team of experienced and professional experts, we offer quality reputations for Canberra residents and ACT and nearby business venues.
We are a registered ACT solar energy service provider in Canberra.